If you do not wish to provide personal information to us, then you do not have to do so, however it may affect your use of this Site or any products and services offered on it.
1. Type of personal information collected
- We collect personal information that is reasonably required in order to conduct business with you.
- The personal information collected will include information you give us when you:
- register your details for our newsletter;
- register your details during the checkout process;
- when you contact us; and
- any method that transmits any form of communication to our servers.
- The personal information that we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your contact details;
- your payment details;
- historical purchases; and
- other personal information that we collect in the course of you using our services.
- We may collect information about a third party during the course of you using our services.
- When you use the website, we may also collect the following information:
- your computer’s operating system;
- your computer’s browser type and capabilities;
- your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address and geolocation;
- web pages visited, including how you were referred to each web page;
- web page usage statistics, including the time spent on each web page; and
- any other information as reasonably required to improve our services to you.
- We may use “cookies” to store your preferences, record session information and collect information on how you visit and access the website and newsletters allowing us to improve our services and provide you with a better overall experience.
2. How we store your personal information and keep it safe
- We are committed to ensuring that the information you provide is secure.
- We store information by way of electronic record keeping methods in secure databases (including trusted third party storage providers). We take reasonable steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
- We maintain computer and network security, for example, we use firewalls (security measures for the internet) and other security systems such as user identifiers and passwords to control access to our computer systems.
- We take steps to destroy or de-identify information that we no longer require.
3. Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use the personal information for purposes including to contact and communicate with you, for internal record keeping and for marketing. We will not disclose your personal information to any third parties, including any members of the Preferred Partner Network listed on our website.
4. Disclosure of personal information to overseas recipients
We will not disclose your personal information to overseas recipients.
5. Pseudonyms and anonymity
We provide you with the opportunity of remaining anonymous or using a pseudonym in your dealings with us where it is lawful and practicable (for example, when making a general enquiry). Generally, it is not practicable for us to deal with individuals anonymously or pseudonymously on an ongoing basis. If we do not collect personal information about you, you may be unable to utilise our services or participate in our events, programs or activities we manage or deliver.
6. Access to and correction of personal information
- You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). We are required to identify your identity prior to complying with your request. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- If you believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
7. Complaints about breach
If you have a complaint concerning the manner in which we maintain the privacy of your personal information, please contact us as set out below. All complaints will be considered by our privacy officer and we may seek further information from you to clarify your concerns. If we agree that your complaint is well founded, we will, in consultation with you, take appropriate steps to rectify the problem. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, you may refer the matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
- We may use or disclose your personal information for the purpose of informing you about our services, upcoming promotions and events, or other opportunities that may interest you. If you do not want to receive direct marketing communications, you can opt-out at any time by contacting us using the contact details below.
- If you opt-out of receiving marketing material from us, we may still contact you in relation to our ongoing relationship with you.
For any questions or notice, please contact us at:
SHS NP Pty Ltd ABN 41 630 456 101 trading as Hear It Now
PO Box 306
St Agnes SA 5097
Last update: 23 November 2019